For those who live in the Heber Valley, I’ve got a roundup of Heber Halloween Festivities. There are so many to choose from and many are free or low cost.
1. Check out the Homestead Resort’s Scarecrow Walk
Local businesses have created scarecrows. Go and walk through the lawns and vote for your favorite scarecrow. Voting ends November 1st.
2. UVU Wasatch Halloween Party.
UVU Wasatch Campus is holding a Halloween Party on Monday Oct 27th from 6 to 8 pm.
3. Heber Valley Railroad Pumpkin Festival
Go and ride the train during the Heber Valley Railroad Pumpkin Festival. There will be entertainers dressed in costumes. Tour a haunted train car and when you’re done, take a pumpkin home with you. Ends 10/30.
4. Go to Halloween Movies
The Avon and Ideel theaters are offering special Halloween showings:
- Ideal Theater: children’s matinee – 2:30 pm 10/31 Hotel Transylvania
- Ideal Theater: young adults movie – 9:00 pm 10/31 Hocus Pocus
- Avon Theater: adult movie – 9:00 pm 10/31 What Lies Beneath
5. Visit the Haunted Yard
The Earnshaw family has put a lot of effort into making their front yard spooky. It’s located at 1970 Mill Rd. I took my boys there last night and it’s worth the trip. They let you walk around the yard for free, but also accept donations for the food bank.
6. Tour the spooky Halloween Night Walk
Located at 3220 E. Center Creek Rd in Heber. If you dare to walk through this spooky yard, bring $2. Most of the money goes to the Make a Wish Foundation. Open Oct 25 and 31st from 8 pm to 11 pm.
7. Go on the Sleepy Hallow Haunted Halloween Ride
Read about my previous post about this event and get discount tickets.
8. Halloween Party at the Rec Center
The Wasatch County Recreation Center is hosting the annual Halloween Carnival on – October 30th from 5:30 to 8:30. They will have games, and a costume contest.Proceeds to the the PTAs of Wasatch County. Purchase a wrist ticket ahead of time for $6 and the day of the event it will cost $8. A slice of pizza and a drink costs $3.
9. Go on the Halloween Lift Ride up Sundance
Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Sundance while you soar over Halloween themed scenes and are greeted by costume-clad lift operators and actors. Gaze up and take in Sundance under the night sky.
- October 23 – November 1 (closed Sunday)
- Weekdays 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Weekends 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
10. Soldier Hollow Halloween Run
Solider Hollow Trail Running Series is having a Halloween run on Tuesday, October 28th. Come in costume for great prizes. Kids run is free at 5 PM and the adults run is $10 at 5:30.
11. Support Your Local Theatre Company
The Timpanogos Valley Theatre has several runs of Peter Pan going on next Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 pm. This is a family friendly production. Also on Halloween night, Timpanogos Valley Theatre is having a trunk or treat candy party at 5:30 pm. Decorate your trunk and hand out candy from your car while the kids get candy from other car trunks.
Get out there and have some fun! If all else fails, host your own Halloween party!